Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What is that font?

Web fonts are now more and more common and sometimes when you see a good looking site you think, humm I like that font, I would like to use it too. Well that is why I love the What Font bookmarklet from Chengyin Liu.


This little JavaScript bookmarklet lets you easily know which font a site is using by just clicking the bookmark and hovering over the text in question. What Font will then show a a small transparent overlay with the typeface name. Of course you can do this in FF firebug but this is just so simple and quick.

1 comment:

leonie wise said...

That's quite cool. I'm no designer, but I'm a bit of a font addict nonetheless.

I have an app on my phone called What the Font, which I have used a few times - it lets me take a photo, then work out the letters and it wanders around online trying to find a match.
Very handy when I'm reading a magazine, or out in the big wide world away from my computer.